Better Well-Being with Cat & Dog Teeth Cleaning in Northfield, OH
Your cat’s or dog’s teeth are an important part of their everyday life. They use their teeth to eat, chew their toys, and even protect themselves if they need to. If their teeth and gums are painful or damaged, it can take a significant toll on their quality of life. In time, it can even affect their overall health. Unfortunately, dental disease is very common in dogs and cats, with most pets having some form of the disease by the time they are 3 years old. Yet, this disease and the problems that come with it are entirely preventable with routine cat and dog teeth cleaning!
Bad breath is an early sign of dental disease.
Schedule a visit so we can assess your pet's oral health!
Our Professional Cat and Dog Teeth Cleaning Services
Tartar under the gum line is the biggest contributor to dental disease as the bacteria in tartar inflames the gums, breaking down tissue, and over time, it can even damage the tooth bone and roots. Our professional cat and dog teeth cleaning services are able to remove tartar both above and below the gum line, which stops the progression of disease. Routine professional cleanings are the perfect complement to your at-home dental care regimen, and can keep your pet’s mouth healthy for years to come.
Our teeth cleaning services involve:
- General anesthesia for your pet’s comfort and safety
- All the safety protocols we use for surgery to ensure their well-being
- Digital dental X-rays to evaluate the health of roots and bone below the gum line
- Ultrasonic and hand scaling to remove all plaque and tartar from teeth
- Polishing of each tooth, which smooths the enamel and reduces future tartar build up
- Tooth extractions of teeth damaged beyond repair*
*With a proactive approach to dental care, your pet should never have to endure an extraction. However, it’s up to you to maintain their oral hygiene and make sure they visit us routinely for a full evaluation!